I wanted to review this month’s book, Chuckling Ducklings and Baby Animal Friends, because I thought it would be a great book for spring. Chuckling Ducklings and Baby Animal Friends by Aaron Zenz is one of my son’s favorite books right now. I wouldn’t even need to write a review for this adorable book if I would just take the time to video tape my son giggling through the reading of this entire book. Watching him enjoy this book unabashed joy is all you need to see to know this book is fun to read! The problem is my toddler usually gets distracted by our video camera and most of the time I don’t have the battery charged anyway.
Chuckling Ducklings and Baby Animal Friends is a cute story that teaches children the names of baby animals. My toddler loves to go through the book and identify each animal. He thinks some of the names are silly and absolutely has a ball while reading this book. Aaron Zanz did an amazing job with this book. The illustrations are absolutely adorable! Each animal looks positively lovable. These illustrations make me want to go out and hug an owlet……maybe not a great idea in reality!
My soon to be 3-year-old has become a little story-teller and loves to read this book to me! This story is upbeat and will have your child bouncing in his or her seat in an anticipation for more. This book would make a great Easter gift for the inquisitive child in your life!
You can purchase Chuckling Ducklings and Baby Animal Friends online at many retailers such as, Amazon and Barnes & Noble. This book is eligible for free shipping at either website when you make a $25 purchase.
Win It! ******CLOSED******
One lucky reader at The Children’s Nook is going to win a hardcover copy of Chuckling Ducklings and Baby Animal Friends. Mandatory Entry: Visit Bloomsbury Kids and come back here to leave me a comment with another book you would love to own.
Extra Entries (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
- Subscribe to The Children’s Nook via email (3 entries) The subscription must be confirmed!
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet the following: “Enter to win a hardcover copy of Chuckling Ducklings and Baby Animal Friends @childrensnook http://wp.me/pX9wg-UP” (You may tweet once a day for 1 entry per day)
- “Like” The Children’s Nook on Facebook (1 entry)
- “Like” Bloomsbury Kids on Facebook (1 entry)
- Comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway and post a link to your blog post in the comments below (2 entries)
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway)
- Place my button from this website on your blog (2 entries)
Giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. (central time) on April 30, 2011. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be selected by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Bloomsbury and Walker Books for Young Readers provided me with a copy of Chuckling Ducklings and Baby Animal Friends for review purposes. All opinions are mine alone and based off of my experience with the product I reviewed.