Dinosaur Train is a fun cartoon that combines two of my children’s favorite things: trains and dinosaurs! As much as my boys enjoy the cartoon, they enjoy the Dinosaur Train toys and books even more. the Jim Henson Company offers Dinosaur Train books for a variety of age groups. Many of the 8×8 paperback Dinosaur Train books such as, Dinosaur Campout, tell fun short stories that are often have great life lessons. We own several of these short stories that have introduced many fun dinosaur facts and characters to my family and continue to entertain my children.
Since my 4-year-old is in the early reader stage, he is loving the Ride With Buddy book. This is a Stage 2 Penguin Young Readers story. Since learning to read can be a challenge for many kids, I love to use these character books made for young readers. Allowing my son to read about characters he already knows and loves, makes it a little more enticing to try reading and practice more.
Guess Who, Buddy! is a fabulous book that will engage children with its colorful illustrations by Sue DiCicco, playful story, and pop up surprise on the last page. The cover of Guess Who, Buddy! is especially fun because it has a magnetic flap for your child to open and discover what is inside of the egg. This cover is very well made because my boys open and close the egg many times each day! Guess Who, Buddy! is a fun story of guess that dinosaur. What child can resist a game of guess who?! This is a great book to get young children interested in books and to help them discover the joys of reading. The book keeps the child involved by having the child lift the flap on each page to discover the dinosaur. My 4-year-old is a huge book lover but my toddler is much more selective in what books will catch his interest; however, both of my boys love this book. Guess Who, Buddy! actually gets my toddler to sit in one place for several minutes while he explores the book and roars like a dinosaur!
If your children or grandchildren are Dinosaur Train fans, be sure to tune into PBS for Big Big Dinosaur Week. This event begins August 13th and will feature new episodes exploring the largest of the Dinosaur species and introduce a new train car on the Dinosaur Train! In the meantime we will be enjoying our Dinosaur Train adventures in book format. They never get old!
Win It! ******CLOSED******
One lucky reader at The Children’s Nook is going to win a copy of the book, Guess Who, Buddy! Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment telling me what Dinosaur Train character your little one loves.
Extra Entries (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
- Subscribe to The Children’s Nook via email (3 entries) The subscription must be confirmed!
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Google+ (2 entries)
- Follow me on Pinterest (2 entries)
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow HensonCompany on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet the following: “Enter to #win a copy of the children’s book, Guess Who, Buddy! @childrensnook http://wp.me/pX9wg-1KE” (You may tweet once a day for 1 entry per day)
- “Like” The Children’s Nook on Facebook (1 entry)
- “Like” Jim Henson Company on Facebook (1 entry)
- Comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog (1 entry)
- Post a link to this giveaway on your Facebook page or Blog about this giveaway and post a link to your blog post in the comments below (2 entries)
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway)
- Place my button from this website on your blog (2 entries)
Congrats to Susan on Random.org choosing her winning comment!
Giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. (central time) on September 1, 2012. This giveaway is open to residents in the U.S. only! The winner will be selected by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
I was provided a copy of the Dinosaur Train books featured in this post for review purposes. All opinions are mine alone and based off of my experience with the product I reviewed.